The International Architectural Competition for the Renewal of the Kerava Station Area has finally come to end and the results of the competition will be announced on June 20. An exhibition of the best competiton entries will be held at the entry hall of the Kerava library from June 20 until July 1.
An international ideas competition was arranged on the renewal of the Kerava station area from 15 November 2021 to 15 February 2022. The competition yielded a total of 46 entries that met the submission criteria. All these entries are now displayed and available for public viewing and comments till April 30, 2022.
The comments left of on the entries will be taken into account, as far as possible, in the local detailed planning of the area.The competition jury may also read the comments left on the entries. Please note that all comments are public! Comments must be respectful, and any comments containing inappropriate language will be deleted.
When commenting, please pay special attention to the following aspects: the functionality of public transport, the conditions for cycling and walking, barrier-free access, the positioning of bicycle parking, event areas and public living spaces, the scale and pleasantness of the environment, park-and-ride solutions and the solutions of the green environment.
Viewing and commenting the entries
1. Go to the
webpage for the competition entries and select an entry you want to view
2. To comment click on the arrow symbol at the top right-hand corner of the window. After this you will see a sidebar window with the entry number you chose
3. Select "Kommentit or Comments"
4. Write your comment in the text field marked "Kommentti or Content" at the bottom of the window
5. You may add your name or a pseudonym in the text field with the default text "Anonyymi or Anonymous"
If you have technical problems with posting your comment, you may also send your comments to the competition secretary Satu Sarjala by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember to mention the name and number of the competition entry you are commenting on in your email.
The jury will decide on the result of the competition according to the competition rules and the principles detailed in the competition programme. The jury will select the winner of the competition, and, in the case that the winner is decided by a vote, the professional members of the jury must have the majority vote in accordance with the competition rules. The experts will not participate in selecting the winner.
The jury members are:
- Kirsi Rontu (chair of the competition jury), Mayor of Kerava
- Pia Sjöroos, Director of Urban Planning, Town of Kerava, Architect SAFA (professional member)
- Erkki Kauranen, Chair of the Urban Development Division, Town Board, Town of Kerava
- Kai Perhola, Property Development Manager, VR Group
- Vesa Humalisto, Architect SAFA (professional member)
- Santtu Hyvärinen, Architect SAFA (professional member)
- Katariina Peltola, Landscape Architect MARK (professional member)
Experts appointed by the city of Kerava assisting the jury in judging the entries are:
- Tuomas Turpeinen, Senior Land Use Planner, Town of Kerava
- Arja Elovirta, Director of Museum Services, Town of Kerava
- Erkki Vähätörmä, Acting Director of Town Engineering, Town of Kerava
- Samuli Isola, expert in local history, Kerava-seura ry